Audioengine HD4 Wireless Home Music System (Black)Audioengine
- Current Stock:
Audioengine HD4 home music system allows you to effortlessly fill any living space with the power of incredible, true stereo sound that brings your listening experience to life. An all-access pass to ALL of your music on any app or device, the HD4 offers wired or wireless connections including USB input from your computer, Bluetooth aptX-HD from your phone, or good old analog from that vintage turntable or prized tape deck.
MADE FOR YOUR MUSIC - INSPIRED BY THE WAY YOU LISTEN
Rounding out Audioengine’s legacy HD-series, HD4 wireless speakers offer versatile, high-fidelity audio ideal for smaller spaces. A premium-powered, two-speaker setup that offers excellent music reproduction and surrounds you with a sense of presence that most compact systems often miss. Bringing home the high-performance technology inside our HD6 along with the convenience of our modestly-sized HD3, the HD4 is a perfect blend of the power you love to feel and the modern functionality you depend on. Thoughtfully wrapped in precision-tuned, hand-built wood-veneer cabinets.
PLAY YOUR MUSIC, YOUR WAY - CONNECT TO YOUR MUSIC NO MATTER WHERE IT LIVES
An all-access pass to ALL of your music on any app or device, the HD4 offers wired or wireless connections including USB input from your computer, Bluetooth aptX-HD from your phone, or good old analog from that vintage turntable or prized tape deck. Featuring Bluetooth aptX-HD for premium, extended-range wireless that allows for quick and easy connection to stream your existing music services, tune into your favorite podcast or listen to those carefully curated playlists from your personal music library. Your music, your way. Anywhere you want to listen. It’s that simple.
BOLD DESIGN THAT FITS IN - VERSATILE, SIZE-DEFYING SOUND
Designed to take on space limitations, the HD4 is the perfect upgrade where surfaces are minimal but performance and convenience can’t be compromised. As handsome as they are compact, the HD4 will easily fit in any small living space and blend in with any decor. Purpose-built for versatility, the HD4’s modest design does little to prepare listeners for such expansive soundstage and crystal-clear imaging. The difference between listening to your music and hearing ALL of it...with more room for dancing.
AUDIOENGINE SIGNATURE SOUND
In 2005, Audioengine was founded on a simple goal: Design purpose-built home music systems that sound great, are easy to use, and make people want to listen to music every day. Each new product gives listeners well-thought updates and improvements inspired by all the ways people listen to their music. The HD4 is no exception. Constructed with similar custom components found in the award-winning HD6 and HD3, the HD4 boasts everything you’d expect from an Audioengine product reimagined for the space-conscious music lover. Audioengine - Accessible, adaptable and absolutely incredible home audio for anyone who believes in the power of music.
- Quick and easy setup
- No network setup, no passwords, no hassle
- Versatile playback in any room, from any app or device
- High-fidelity stereo sound for desktops and small spaces
- Modern, compact design that fits in and fills up any room
- Low-latency Bluetooth aptX-HD, extended-range wireless streaming
- Analog input for easy turntable connection
- Aramid fiber woofers and silk dome tweeters
- Built-in power amps wrapped in precision tuned, hand-built and finished wood-veneer cabinets
- BONUS: The Audioengine HD4 is the smart choice in home speakers without being a “smart speaker.” Experience agenda-free audio and feel confident knowing you’re the only one doing the listening. Sorry, Alexa and Siri, we’re in the business of listening to music, not listening to your business.
- HD4 Home Music System powered (left) speaker
- HD4 Home Music System passive (right) speaker
- Speaker wire (16AWG), 2 meters (~6.5 ft)
- AC power cord
- USB cable, 1.5 meters (~4.9 ft)
- Mini-jack audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5 ft)
- RCA audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5 ft)
- Cloth speaker bags
- Cloth cable bag
- Setup guide
- Type: Powered Bluetooth aptX HD speaker system
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Power Output: 120 W peak power total (30 W RMS / 60 W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 4″ aramid fiber woofers; 0.75″ silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, USB, RCA L/R, Bluetooth
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out, 3.5 mm mini-jack headphone out
- Input Voltages: 110-240 V 50/60 Hz auto-switching
- SNR: >95 dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: <50 dB
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz-22 kHz ±1.5 dB
- Input Impedence: 5K ohms unbalanced
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Power Consumption: Idle: 10W
- Input Bit Depth: 24 bit (padded)
- Bluetooth Receiver Type: Bluetooth 5.0
- Supported Codecs: aptX HD, aptX, AAC, SBC
- Wireless Operation Range: Up to 100 ft (30 m) typical
- Input Data Rate: Determined by Bluetooth
- Wireless Latency: ~30 milliseconds (ms)
- Connector Type: Micro-USB
- USB Device Class: USB 1.1 or above
- Input Bit Depth: 24 bit (padded)
- Input Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz/48 kHz
- Headphone Amp Type: OPA2134
- Full-scale Headphone Output Level: 2.0 V RMS
- Output Impedence: 2 ohms
- Recommended Headphone Impedence Level: 10 ohms to 10K ohms
- Dimensions (HWD): Each speaker – 9″(23 cm) x 5.5″ (14 cm) x 6.5″ (16.5 cm)
- Weight: Left (active) – 7.2 lb (3.3 kg): Right (passive) – 5.4 lb (2.4 kg)
- Total Shipping Weight: 10 lb (4.6 kg)
- Shipping Box Dimensions (LWH): 20″ (51 cm) x 13″ (33 cm) x 15.5″ (39 cm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How easy is it to set up HD4?
HD4 is an all-in-one system with no extra components needed except your phone or computer. Simply place the speakers where you want them and connect the power supply. Hook up the included speaker wire from the powered left speaker to the right passive speaker. Then connect your music with the supplied cables - or go wireless - and that's it.
Does HD4 come with speaker grills?
The HD4 speakers do include detachable magnetic grills. The grills have thin rubber pads to prevent marks or damage to the finish or the cabinet, so your HD4s will keep looking great even if you like to remove / replace them frequently!
Can I use the HD4 with tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
Absolutely! The HD4 offers wired or wireless connections to any phone or tablet using the aux audio input or Bluetooth aptX-HD. For wired connections to newer devices without a headphone jack, you'll need the correct USB-A adapter cable to connect from your tablet to the USB input on the HD4. These are generally available from the manufacturer of your tablet/smartphone, local electronic stores, or even online retailers.
Can I take my Audioengine HD4 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
Yes, you can. The HD4 speakers use a switching power supply so it will automatically convert to the different voltage. The power cable is also detachable which makes it convenient to replace the AC plug with a different type if you don’t want to use an adapter plug.
Can I use an inverter with my HD4 speakers?
Sure, for HD4 you will need an inverter that can supply about 50-60 watts.
3 years warranty. Headphones SG is a Audioengine authorised reseller. All Audioengine products purchased from Headphones SG is eligible for warranty.