Audioengine A1-MR Multiroom Wireless Wifi Home Music System (Grey)Audioengine
- Current Stock:
- Wireless - Wifi
- Wired - 3.5mm
- Wireless - Bluetooth
Audioengine A1-MR Multiroom Wireless Home Music System is the perfect home audio upgrade bringing high-fidelity music streaming into rooms around your home. Using the Audioengine Control app, connect A1-MR speakers to your WiFi network and instantly stream from your favorite music service or direct from your music library using your phone, tablet, or computer.
HI-FI YOUR WI-FI - THE ULTIMATE HOME AUDIO UPGRADE
Introducing Audioengine's new A1-MR, another game-changing design pushing the limits of what compact music systems can be. The A1-MR is the perfect upgrade built to bring out the best in all of your home audio and deliver high-fidelity, wireless music streaming anywhere you want to play. Together with our companion app and your home network, the A1-MR creates a new way for you to discover and interact with the music you want to hear. Easily stream from any WiFi-connected device on any streaming app, and experience fully immersive, true stereo sound in any room. It’s the difference between listening to music and hearing ALL of it.
MAXIMUM SOUND, MINIMAL SPACE - BOLD SOUND THAT'S OUT OF SIGHT
Purpose-built for versatility, the A1-MR compact design does little to prepare listeners for such expansive soundstage and crystal-clear imaging. A simple, elegant design, the A1-MR takes up only inches of surface space, ensuring the only thing filling up your room is your next playlist.
YOUR MUSIC, YOUR WAY - SIMPLE SETUP, TOTAL CONTROL, EASY LISTENING
Download the free Audioengine Control app and connect to your home WiFi network using an iOS or Android phone or tablet. Then use the app to browse and instantly play high-quality music, podcasts and more from the included music players, directly from your music library, from Spotify Connect for premium members, or leave our app and play from any other player or streaming service via Airplay. Stream in-app music services, including Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Qobuz, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Napster and more, using your iOS or Android phone.
EXPAND YOUR LISTENING - ADD MULTIROOM SOUND AND STEREO PAIRING
Add additional A1-MR Speakers to rooms around your home for multiroom sound, stereo pairing, and multi-user capabilities.
Use the app to control your music from anywhere in your home and seamlessly jump between stations, playlists and services and play different songs in different rooms, or the same song in every room. All without missing a beat.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Two-speaker setup offering true stereo sound right out of the box
- Listen to on-demand internet radio, podcasts, audiobooks, and save your favorites
- Synchronization across rooms
- Control your music, volume, and speaker selection from anywhere in your home
- Play different songs in different rooms or the same song in every room
- Continuous play without draining your device’s battery.
- Free, user-friendly Audioengine Control app for iOS and Android
- BONUS: Audioengine systems do not have microphones and won’t listen in on your conversations. We won’t invade your space or your privacy. If you’re making a move to multiroom, the A1-MR is the smart choice, without being a smart speaker. Sorry, Alexa and Siri, we’re in the business of listening to music, not listening in on your business.
- A1-MR Multiroom Home Music System w/ Wi-Fi powered (left) speaker
- A1-MR Multiroom Home Music System w/ Wi-Fi passive (right) speaker
- Speaker wire (16AWG), 2 meters (~6.5 ft)
- AC power cord, 1.85 meters (~6.0 ft)
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~4.9 ft)
- Mini-jack to RCA adapter
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a single A1-MR have multiple users?
Yes, anybody connected to the same network can control volume and the music source.
What’s the difference between the A1-MR and B-Fi?
The A1-MR is a powered speaker system with WiFi streaming built in. The B-Fi has access to the same streaming services, but it is an adapter designed to connect to an existing music system.
Is there a difference in sound quality between A1-MR and B-Fi?
Both systems receive the same high-fidelity streams from your favorite services. Since the B-Fi is designed to enable streaming on an existing music system, the sound quality will depend largely on that system.
What are the differences between A1-MR (Wi-Fi) and A1 (Bluetooth)?
A1-MR uses your home WiFi network to stream music directly from the cloud or from an Apple Airplay source. A1 is a traditional Bluetooth speaker where music is streamed directly from your phone or other Bluetooth ready devices.
Your phone, tablet or computer controls the music being played on both systems. However, since the A1-MR is connected to music services through the internet directly, once playing it will act like a traditional radio. This frees up your phone for calls and does not drain the battery.
The A1-MR can be synchronized with other A1-MRs or the Audioengine B-Fi, creating a whole home solution with independent volume zones.
A1-MR uses the Audioengine Control app for initial setup while no product app is required for A1.
Which has better sound, Audioengine Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
Bluetooth uses “lossy compression”, meaning that some audio data is lost. In most cases, this is imperceptible. Depending on the music service, WiFi can deliver lossless CD quality audio to the A1-MR.
What music sources can be sent to more than one A1-MR simultaneously?
Sending music to multiple A1-MRs can be done with any source after grouping the systems together. Start by playing music on one through the app, Airplay, or Spotify Connect. Then in the app, drag any additional systems onto the system that is playing. They will synchronize and you will be able to control the volume of every system separately. The app will remember these settings until they are changed.
Can A1-MR play high resolution music?
The A1-MR supports lossless playback of CD quality audio, with zero compression. While you can play higher than CD quality audio to the A1-MR through DLNA, UPnP, or high res streaming apps like TIDAL and Qobuz, all audio is transmitted at 16-bit 44.1kHz.
Does the A1-MR support 5GHz network access points (wireless routers)?
The A1-MR is a 2.4GHz device but most networks are dual-band, so select 2.4GHz during A1-MR setup. 2.4GHz has more range, meaning more places you can place your system.
Can I play locally-stored music?
Yes. You can play music from your computer library or NAS.
Can I use A1-MR connected speakers, alongside Sonos speakers?
You will not be able to synchronize music between the two systems, but both will show up as playback devices in Airplay or Spotify Connect.
Can I use a hotspot as an access point?
Yes. If your hotspot is listed as a choice in Wi-Fi networks, you can use it as an access point.
If A1-MR is used outside the Audioengine app, will multiroom and stereo configurations follow to other music services and apps?
Yes, while streaming via Airplay or Spotify Connect (with a premium subscription).
How many rooms or zones are possible?
The Audioengine Control app supports a maximum of 12 rooms, however for most homes we recommend 8.
What is the wireless connection range for the A1-MR?
After setup you can stream your music anywhere within your WiFi network range.
- Powered Wi-Fi speaker system
- Amplifier Type
- Class D
- Power Output
- 60 W peak power total (15 W RMS / 30 W peak per channel), AES
- 2.75” aramid fiber woofers
- 0.75“ Silk dome tweeters
- 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, Wi-Fi
- LFE Variable line-out for subwoofer
- Input Voltages
- 100-240 V 50/60 Hz auto-switching
- >95 dB (typical A-weighted)
- <0.05% at all power settings
- <50 dB
- Frequency Response
- 65 Hz-22 kHz ±2.0 dB
- Input Impedence
- 10K ohms unbalanced
- Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Power Consumption
- Idle: 10W
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
- Dimensions (HWD): Each speaker – 6″ (15.2 cm) x 4″ (10.2 cm) x 5.25″ (13.3 cm)
- Weight: Left (active) – 3.1 lb (1.4 kg); Right (passive) – 2.4 lb (1.1 kg)
- Total Shipping Weight: 7.6 lb (3.5 kg)
- Shipping Box Dimensions (LWH) 15″ x (38.1 cm) 7.25″ (18.4 cm) x 11″ (27.9 cm)
- Operating temperature: 32 degrees F to 95 degrees F
- Non-operating temperature: -4 degrees F to 113 degrees F
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
- 0.7″ (18 mm) thick MDF cabinets
- 0.75″ (20 mm) silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 2.75″ (70 mm) aramid fiber woofers with advanced voice coils
- CABINETS: To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. All cabinet edges are rounded which look great and reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The A1-MR cabinet contains tuned, front-port slots.
- FURNITURE GRADE FINISHES: The A1-MR cabinets are in versatile, grey finish offering a modern compliment to any small space or desktop.
- CUSTOM COMPONENTS: Audioengine designs and manufactures our own tweeters, woofers, and other critical components. In other words, these are not “box built” speakers with off-the-shelf parts but custom-designed to our specifications. What we do not fabricate directly in our factory we have made to our designs (parts such as transformers, magnets, and wiring harnesses, for example). The cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, amplifiers, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each Audioengine model. This, in turn, makes for a much more efficient system that requires much less power than passive speakers and a separate integrated amplifier or similar A/V components.
- BASED ON STUDIO MONITOR DESIGNS: Studio monitor speakers are used by producers and engineers in recording and production studios. They are designed with a theoretical flat frequency response which allows the engineer to create a final mix in such a way that the recorded music will sound good on most other speakers. Although Audioengine speakers are not designed to be up-close “nearfield” studio monitors, we do carry over much of the same higher-end technology, components, and design philosophy for all Audioengine speaker systems.
- EFFICIENT INTEGRATED DESIGN: The speaker cabinets, drivers, innovative bass port designs, amplifiers, and passive crossovers are all critically tuned together for each Audioengine model. This, in turn, makes for a much more efficient system that requires less power than passive speakers and a separate integrated amplifier or similar A/V components. We build all this goodness into the left speaker cabinet to make it super-easy to connect your smartphone, tablet, computer, TV, network player or any other audio product.
- AMPLIFIER DESIGN: The amplifiers in powered Audioengine speakers are located in the left speaker and are a conservatively-rated class D analog monoblock design. This is a more traditional speaker/amplifier marriage which provides excellent quality audio and greater flexibility. All circuit boards for the power and preamp sections are vertically mounted for maximum mechanical shock protection.
- DRIVER DESIGNS: Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are aramid fiber woven glass composite with rubber surrounds. Aramid fiber is obviously very strong, which means the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels.
- SHIELDING: Both drivers are directly video shielded and allow the user to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard-drive digital music players.
3 years warranty. Headphones SG is a Audioengine authorised reseller. All Audioengine products purchased from Headphones SG is eligible for warranty.