Hi-Fi Sound on-the-go
The A&norma series was created to enjoy the premium sounds of Astell&Kern in a portable size with best in class specifications.
SR25 MKII, the previous model in the series, was loved by audio enthusiasts and those just starting their personal audio journey thanks to its portable size and powerful Hi-Fi sound through a 4.4-mm balanced jack.
The A&norma SR35 inherits these strengths while applying the amplifier and audio design that was applied to Astell&Kern's premium products to deliver the authentic sound quality that Astell&Kern are so well known for. The ultra compact SR35 features 20 hours of continuous playback, while supporting Quad DAC and two-step Gain control, and the A&norma line's first introduction of New Generation Amp technology with Astell&Kern's long-standing know-how for an even more delicate and clear Hi-Fi sound at higher output.
We have also applied our new UI/UX with improved visuals and usability to the SR35 for a more immersive music experience. In addition to this the SR35 is equipped with Roon Ready and MQA full decoder support to further enhance the performance of our A&norma line.
Quad DAC Mode for True Hi-Fi Sound
For the first time in the A&norma series, the SR35 deploys the CS43198 DAC from Cirrus Logic, in Quad DAC configuration. A very well-received DAC praised for its outstanding spatial sense and resolution.
In addition to this, a new design of audio circuit has been implemented, incorporating Astell&kern’s unique technologies along with the Quad DAC and our patented TERATON ALPHA technology for outstanding advancement in the dynamics, sense of space, resolution, and level of separation. Furthermore, our latest technologically advanced amplification circuitry, which was only available in our flagship products has now been incorporated to the SR35, boasting a dramatically improved and industry leading SNR of 130dB.
A Dual/Quad DAC Switching mode is offered enabling users to adjust and improve power management efficiency, further improving the long continuous playtime, a core feature of the A&norma series.
The SR35 supports Native DSD256 and PCM playback of up to 32 bit/384 kHz allowing you to enjoy true Hi-Fi sound without any restriction and free from distortion.
2-Step Gain Mode for the Perfect Hi-Fi Experience
For seamless use of sensitive IEMs and hard to drive headphones, a device must provide suitable output, respective of the connected device’s specification.
The SR35 supports a 2-step Gain Level mode to create the perfect match for a wide range of headphones and IEMs, maintaining optimal sound output.
The two-step gain setting with "Normal Gain" and "High Gain" modes can generate a high current output to create a powerful sound and excellent driver control.
With up to 6 Vrms from the balanced connections, driving high-impedance headphones has never been easier.
Audio Block Diagram
All-Day Music – Amazing Playtime
The SR35 provides premium-class audio specifications and genuine
Hi-Fi sound by Astell&Kern.
Along with the core value of A&norma series that seeks to provide unlimited Hi-Fi audio anywhere and at any time, we offer you the best portability in the digital audio player market, with a class leading long playtime and powerful output.
The compact size of the SR35 fits easily in your pocket and weighing in at only 184g is light enough to carry without any inconvenience.
With a maximum of 20-hour continuous playtime, you can enjoy music without a recharge all day long.
The SR35 is the perfect companion that you can use for long-haul flights as well as full days at work and vacations, guaranteeing you Hi-Fi sound anywhere, anytime.
New Experience, New User Interface
The SR35 comes with a redesigned Crimson-themed UI/UX transforming into a "true music player" for users to deeply connect with their music listening experience.
The new UI/UX is designed so that users can quickly browse music categories and re-discover songs within their music library.
We also added an easy album art search function so that users can re-discover the joy of viewing and interacting with music album art whilst listening to their music.
The crimson theme focuses on edge, simplicity, and dark mode keywords. The color theme of black with red highlights lowers visual fatigue and offers intuitive user experiences, and many other improvements were made to the device’s user-friendliness of app service, artist view, album sorting, and the album art search function.
Immerse yourself in music with the new UI/UX.
- Quad-DAC (Quad/Dual Switching Mode)
- New Generation AMP Technology
- 2-Step Gain Mode
- NEW UI/UX - Crimson Theme
- Dual Wi-Fi (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- 20-hour continuous playtime
- Supports two-way Bluetooth and LDAC, aptX™ HD
- Roon Ready (First in A&norma series)
- General Specifications
- Model: SR35
- Body Color: Charcoal Gray
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 3.6inch HD 720 x 1280 touch screen
- Supported Audio: Formats WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate:
- PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample)
- DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level:
- [Normal] Unbalanced 2.1Vrms │ Balanced 4Vrms (Condition No Load)
- [High] Unbalanced 3.1Vrms │ Balanced 6Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-core
- DAC: Ciruss Logic CS43198 x4 (Quad-DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit to Bit playback
- Input: USB Type-C input (for charging & PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm), Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported | 4.4mm, only 5-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4&5GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions: 2.51” (64mm)[W] x 4.26” (108.3mm)[H] x 0.63” (16.1mm)[D]
- Weight: about 6.49oz (184g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrade supported (OTA)
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ ~ + 40℃ (32℉~ 104℉)
- Audio Specifications
- Frequency Response:
- ±0.012dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced │ ±0.011dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced
- ±0.125dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced │ ±0.126dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- S/N: 127dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 130dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -133dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ -145dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0005% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0002% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Unbalanced │ 0.0002% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Balanced
- Output: Impedance Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.1ohm) │ Balanced Out 2.5mm, 4.4mm (2.7ohm)
- Clock Source
- Clock Jitter: 25pS (Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 70ps
- Storage Capacity
- Built-in Memory: 64GB [NAND]
- External Memory: Micro SD x1 (Max. 1TB)
- Capacity: 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer
- Charge Time: about 2.5hours (5V 2A General Charging)
Playback Time: about 20hours (Standard : FLAC, 16bit, 44.1kHz, Normal Gain, Unbalanced, Vol.50, LCD Off, Dual DAC Mode)
- Supported OS: Supported OS Windows 10, 11(32/64bit) MAC OS X 10.7